Wednesday 17 September 2014

How Students have perceived the Heritage of Mumbai Course in the last 4 years…

Living in Mumbai for 16 years, I never knew that the Bombay fort consists of something more than the Flora fountain, leave alone the architectural styles and experts who made them. The course was practically a pointer towards common things that we have been seeing around but never realised their importance. It was a practical to the theory we have been studying. Never knew Mumbai was so artistic, so beautiful, so wonderful! Today I feel proud to show people something that this course showed me! It is very important to know the place thoroughly that you live in for long and that, this course did! Application of history was always a question! This course showed us the importance of history and the need for its preservation. Proud to be a student of the course in its maiden year. Thank you!
- Nikita Mangaonkar, Ramnarain Ruia College

The Ruia Heritage of Mumbai Course was one of the best course I have attended so far. It was really an interesting course as we were introduced to the various aspect of this city like its communities, transport, architecture etc. Also the field visits like the one to the BEST Museum, Wadala was really an eye opener for us as we never knew that such a museum ever existed. Also the Walk through the Axes of Mumbai was also a really good one as we were introduced to exploring the city's heritage. After this course we did start to explore and understand this city more. So Three Cheers to the Ruia Heritage Mumbai Corse!!!
- Siddhija Kathe, Ramnarain Ruia College

After this course I have understood that a lot of history went behind making this city as popular as it is today. Although a lot of improvement still needs to be made. Our heritage is the story of our past which needs to be preserved and maintained for our future generations and hopefully the change can begin from us!
- Binaisha Bilimoria, KC College

I got to know about the history of Bombay. I never thought it would be so interesting.

It gave me an opportunity to Re-discover Mumbai in a new perspective.

I visited many places which I never had visited earlier. Came to know a lot about them.

Had adventurous time!!

The course did help me in understanding the heritage.

I fell in love with history.

It actually encouraged me to preserve as well as study heritage.

- Comments from students, 2014 course

No comments:

Post a Comment